With almost ten years experience as a technological consultant, it is easy to say that I am passionate about technology. At an early age my parents purchased me my first IBM clone computer, a 286 running the DOS operating system. Although my interests have expanded, that early technology bug has never gone away! I am a visual artist, web designer, writer and teacher. Creativity, passion, and critical thinking are the basis of any rewarding path in life, and my multifaceted experiences and education have prepared me for success.
Currently, I am lending my experience to the Carolinian Canada Coalition as technology consultant, webmaster and eco-news editor. Since October 2010, I have brought my diverse educational background to bare in helping the Coalition move forward technologically. CCC is a digital workplace, with coordinators residing in various towns and cities across Southwestern Ontario. The challenges of making the home-office work can be great, but with the right technology, the rewards of working from home can be even greater. For CCC I have recently facilitated the implementation of powerful online meeting and webinar software, a cloud-based file storage and collaboration environment, advanced event management software, and most recently a brand new web design and content management system based on the Drupal framework.
University of Windsor · Bachelor of Education (Intermediate/Senior) · 2009 - 2010
University of Windsor · Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) Honors · 2002 - 2009
University of Windsor · Bachelor of Computer Science · 2002 - 2008
Canada''s Anti Spam Legislation and Ontario''s Accessibility Act
Carolinian Canada Coalition - Researched and developed new protocols to ensure the organization’s compliance with new government regulations. Provided staff training and documentation to ease the transition into new ways of communicating
Contact Relationship Management (CRM) System Implementation · Civi CRM
Carolinian Canada Coalition – Worked with a contracted developer to implement Civi CRM to manage contact relationships, mass e-mail communications, event registration, and donation processing. Implemented all CRM database customizations.
Enterprise Cloud Storage · Box.com
Carolinian Canada Coalition – The work environment is virtual, all home offices. Implemented the Box.com cloud file-sharing system and trained all staff to move their files into the cloud.
Content Management System · Drupal
Carolinian Canada Coalition – Designed and implemented the Drupal content management system, allowing all staff to take an active role in managing and updating website content
University–Wide Wireless Internet Implementation
University of Windsor - Involved in documentation/education and hands-on technical support for students, faculty and staff. Ran wireless support sessions yearly to help users make use of the system.
Design and Technical Work Experience:
Carolinian Canada Coalition (IT Systems Coordinator) · 2010 to Present
- New software research and development – Civi CRM, Drupal, GoToMeeting, Box.com, Office 365, Podio
- Server, website, email and software support
- Staff Training
- E-Newsletter editor
Freelance Designer · 2010 to Present
- Web and graphic design contracts for varied clients. Specializing in Drupal and logo design.
Brave New Machine (Web and Graphic Design / Development) · 2010 to 2012
- Worked with Visual Design partner to build quality, personalized websites for clients.
University of Windsor IT Services (Student Help Desk Consultant) · 2006 to 2010
- Provided phone support for students, faculty, and staff for all manner of computer issues, both hardware and software related.
- Conducted wireless internet support sessions for faculty, staff, and students.
University of Windsor IT Services (Student Onsite Consultant) · 2004 to 2006
- Provided on-site computer service for faculty and staff of the university.
YMCA, St. Thomas, Ontario (Computer Tutor) · 2001
- Taught basic computer skills to senior citizens with easy to follow, step by step instructions.
Education/Teaching Work Experience
Waterloo Region District School Board (Occasional Supply Teacher) · 2011 to Present
Waterloo, Kitchener, Cambridge and surrounding region · Grades 9-12
Faculty of Education Placements Teacher Candidate · 2009-2010
Greater Windsor Essex District School Board · Grades 9-12
Walkerville Collegiate Institute (Artist Intern - Assistant Instructor in Visual Arts) · 2008
Windsor, Ontario · Grades 11-12
Volunteer Internship Program (Teacher’s Assistant) · 2007
Century Secondary School, Windsor, Ontario · Grades 9-12
YMCA (Swim Instructor/ Lifeguard) · 2001-2003
St. Thomas, Ontario · All ages (infants to adults)
YMCA (Computer Tutor) · 2001
St. Thomas, Ontario · Senior citizens
Artist Exhibition Record
Cleansing the Palette · Lebel Student Gallery · Windsor · 2009
Into the Eco House Group Show · University of Windsor Eco House · Windsor · 2006
Stick Exhibition Group Show · Lebel Student Gallery · Windsor · 2004
Programing Languages and Software Experience
- Office 365 Enterprise
- Exchange Online
- Lync Online
- Sharepoint Online
- Heat Call Logging System
- Novell Networking
- Lan and Wireless Support
- Podio (Online Project Management)
- Drupal (Content Management System)
- Civi CRM (Contact Relationship Management)
- Citrix GoToWebinar/Meeting (online meeting software)
- Web Server Hosting/Management Software
- Mailchimp (Online mas-email)
- Survey Monkey (online survey creation/reporting)
- Constant Contact (Online event management)
- Lotus Notes
- Smart Boards
- Khan Academy
- Code Academy
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Flash
- Adobe Director
- Adobe Fireworks
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Windows (95 to 8.1)
- Windows Phone
- Apple Mac OS X
- General hardware support / diagnosis
- Wireless network setup and support
- Computer hardware assembly
- Operating system installation / setup
- Peripheral device installation
- Printer setup / support
- Java Script